Inspirational Diabetes Software
Other diabetes care software
Other software that aid in managing diabetes and offer serious input for Cheetah:
- OneTouch Owner's Booklets from LifeScan
- ezManager User Guide from Animas
- ezManager costs $129, may be billed to health insurance company
- a collection of tools for Palm Pilot and Visor type PDAs that assist in managing diabetes]
- latest update in 2003
- aimed at individuals using insulin pumps (often referred to as "pumpers"
- Insulin Buddy
- doesn't seem very active
- Open-Source Diabetes tools at sourceforge.net
Interesting Related Projects
- An example of food ontology for diabetes control (might come in handy)
- [http://2aida.org/aida/example.htm AIDA: am exentensive pancreas/blood sugar level simulator. I (Durk) am asking the author for his methods and source. Very usefull for creating glucose forecast and insuline/food recommendations.
How is Cheetah different?
Yet another software solution that helps managing diabetes? What's new? So let's test Cheetah against these IdeaKillers.
Use these idea killers to make Cheetah the strongest, most wanted piece of software. Ever!
- puts you in control
- involves you to co-create Cheetah to fit their most urgent needs through a unique community process
- helps reducing "hypers" and "hypos" to an absolute minimum
- allows physicians, specialists and care takers transparent and controlled access to a wealth of diabetic information
- is always up to date with food nutrition information
- is the only diabetes care software that continuosly learns and adapts to your situation to suggest insulin doses and carb intake
- is fully distributed
- does not require any adminstration or backup
- is self-organizing
- is self-healing
- is Original Dutch Software™
- is Open Source Software
- runs on Mac, PC, PDA and mobile phones
- has a strong and dedicated development team evolving the software
- uses a unique business model that helps creating a better planet
Got something else that makes Cheetah unique? Add it to the list!